Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Freedom brings us together

I often tell the media that there's no place I'd rather be, and nothing else I'd rather be doing, than fighting for my freedom in the crucial battleground state of New Hampshire. I can't think of anything more inspirational than defending liberty for all Americans. As I explain, I really had no choice in quitting my job at Google.

But what makes the effort especially exciting for me is the vast community of liberty-minded citizens that I've discovered in the last few weeks. Many people have joined us in New Hampshire. Many more have donated their money to our cause. And yet more have sent their well wishes.

I've recently been humbled by the generosity of the Free State Project in New Hampshire. An offshoot of this project, known at Ladies of Liberty, volunteered to feed volunteers of Operation Live Free or Die by cooking for us twice a week. This Monday, we were treated to home cooked lasagna and I can assure you, this is a vast improvement over cold bagels, stale doritos, and warm beer in a coffee mug. And just today we received a delicious box of confectioneries from California.

I want to thank everyone for the time, their efforts, their generosity, their gifts and especially their well wishes in this important effort to restore freedom to our beloved Republic.

No comments: